Pages

August 18, 2010

Hope

Theodore Roosevelt said:
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.
Too true. That's all we can do. My best efforts are limited by what I know today, my time, my resources, my talent and my sin. It doesn't end there, though. There is a great hope.



What I am today is not what I will be. What I know today is not all that I will know.  Someday all will be restored. All will be made new. All the painful things healed. All the wonderful things revealed for the shadow of great joy that they really are.

Philippians 1:6:
And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.
Amen. Today, I rejoice in a life that is wonderful. I can't complain, but I look forward with great hope to the day when I can see him as he really is.

1 John 3:2
Beloved, we are God's children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment