Pages

December 4, 2009

'Tis the season

I love Christmas. I love the smell of freshly cut pine trees and hot cocoa. I love wearing warm mittens and walking in the snow. Most of all, I love the traditions. Last year, I started a new tradition with two very dear friends that has quickly become the best part of the Christmas season for me. We gather every day through the season of Advent to reflect, pray and anticipate the arrival of Christ.

Advent begins on December 1 every year. This year we've been gathering for only three short days so far. Nonetheless soaking in the idea of advent, focusing on the wonder of the birth of Christ many years ago and the joyous anticipation that someday He will come again to make all things new, has been a priceless experience. Each day this first week of Advent we light the candle of hope and pray -

O Emmanuel, Jesus Christ,
desire of every nation,
Savior of all peoples,
come and dwell among us.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment