Pages

January 1, 2010

Not so much a resolution, but a goal.

I've tried not to make too many resolutions this year. I'm never too good at keeping them anyway. I am, however, setting one goal and it's a big one. I'm going to read the entire bible this year. I know, gulp. Double gulp. That's a big goal, a daunting task. I've tried to do it before and failed. I have high hopes of success this year though and here's why: I'm not in this alone. I'm following the Bible Reading Plan set out by The Journey Church in St. Louis. Check it out and join us!





So, today is day 1 on a 365 day adventure to know God better and delight in his word. Here is an excerpt from today's reading:
Psalm 1:1-3

Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he mediates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither. In all that he does, he prospers.
This is my prayer for you and me: That we would be like trees planted by streams of water this year. That we would delight in that law of the Lord and meditate on the word that he has given to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment