Pages

October 23, 2010

Fall Means Pumpkin and Pumpkin Means Cupcakes



Sshhhh... I'm about to share my secret weapon of easy recipes with you. Are you ready?

1 can pumpkin

+

1 box cake mix, any flavor. (Just the mix. No eggs, oil, etc)

Mix together.
Bake.
Eat.

Seriously. That's it. You can't even taste the pumpkin really. I use chocolate and spice cake mixes most often. Spice is the perfect fall treat and a nice pumpkin-complementary flavor. Chocolate is, well, chocolate. It's perfect in it's own right.

Last week I tried this out with a deluxe carrot cake mix. It was ok on it's own. It really needed some cream cheese icing. Then it was pretty tasty. And, even thought the carrot cake option is far from my favorite, the post-dinner plateful still managed to disappear.

No comments:

Post a Comment