Pages

October 10, 2010

Liquid Love

In honor of my favorite season, I'm going to tell you about other things I love. On today's docket - drinks!

It's sad, but true. Diet Dr. Pepper is my favorite. I love it. I love it on hot summer days. I love it on cold winter mornings. Anytime, anywhere Diet Dr. Pepper is always a winner. I know what you're saying. It's not good for me. I'll rot my teeth. And, my goodness, the high fructose corn syrup! You're not telling me anything I don't already know. I'm just telling you that I love it in spite of it's imperfections (read: health risks) and nothing is coming in between me and my soda.


It's the best part of waking up. It's coffee. Some brilliant, wonderful person many years ago saw potential in  the little brown bean that now makes our world go round. Of course, it's my position that the French are the masters in the coffee arena. Sidewalk cafés, strong, hot, black expresso. Done deal. Where's my plane ticket? Stateside, I'll have to settle for a French Press and the best beans my budget will allow.

Last, but, oh not at all, least, is the Gin Martini. That's right. Dry Gin Martini extra olives, please. I feel like I should be the heroine in a classic 1950's black and white movie with Cary Grant every time I drink one. In St. Louis, the best can be found at The Royale. Ask for Plymouth Gin and extra kalamata olives or, if you're looking for something a little lighter try The New Deal martini - Amazing!

2 comments:

  1. I heart that french press pic. It's just wonderful. For so many reasons...
    1) it's a french press.
    2) Topeca coffee
    3) the hipstomatic app
    4) it's indicative of a truly wonderful & heart-warming weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth - I'm coming to Tulsa at Thanksgiving. Will you be there? Maybe we can squeeze in a visit to Topeca....?

    ReplyDelete