Pages

January 11, 2011

Coming soon...

The pitter-patter of puppy feet!

Yay!

I had a wonderful puppy growing up. When I was in 7th grade I convinced my mom that I would be safer at home after school if I had a dog to guard me. It was a sucker-move. And, she fell for it. We went to the pound and a tiny 5 pound ball of fur fell asleep on my shoulder. She came home a week later. We named her Tabitha (Tabi for short) after a very long family debate and she was with us for 14 years. She was the best.

Tabi
I've been debating bringing a new four-legged friend home for quite some time. I love puppies. They are warm and snugly. The sleep on your feet. They are, after-all, (wo)man's best friend. I've been visiting the local animal shelter off and on for a while, but just haven't met the right one yet. Then, last week, it came to my attention that the breeder that the boyfriend's dog is from had some puppies that were looking for a good home.

I've held strong for a few days, but I think I've finally caved. Just look at these faces! On Saturday I'll be going to meet some puppy candidates and, hopefully, bringing home Eisenhower ("Ike") or Ruby.

Eisenhower "Ike"

Ruby

No comments:

Post a Comment