Pages

February 24, 2011

Preparation


There's a lot of preparing going on around here.

Preparing a house to be our home.
Preparing for a huge and awesome party to celebrate our wedding.

Fun things, but not the most important things.

I went out with a friend last night who is an awesome, wise, kind, godly lady. I loved hanging out with her because, even though we chatted about the fun stuff like wedding dresses and new kitchen tile, we spent most of our time talking about the real stuff. She told me about her family, about being married and loving her husband. She asked me great questions about how I'm preparing to be a wife.

That's what I'm most excited about, not the wedding, the marriage. I left excited and feeling a little like I better do some studying or something, but also remembering that we're not alone in our preparation. We have an entire community here to love, counsel, guide and encourage us as we go. Number one on my list: pray. Also, read Sacred Marriage (a suggestion from another wonderful wise lady I know and love).

Any other book or resource suggestions for an engaged gal like me?

1 comment:

  1. Sacred Marriage is a good suggestion. Something that continues to inspire me is taking the time to marvel at and really think about those couples I know that have been together for decades. Those real life examples stick with me.

    ReplyDelete