Pages

June 1, 2011

Sunshine and Happiness



Last week was fabulous. Vacation is the best. Every year my family goes on vacation together. It's always nice but, you know, that's a lot of family time. This year I had a fiancé with me though. This is the best development in family vacation EVER.

Justin experienced his first non-rev day of air travel. He escaped unscathed with a few first class voyages under his belt.

We went to mass at the Cathedral de San Juan Bautista. It was cool and very long. We had not even had coffee yet. Do not be fooled it you are going to San Juan. If there are cool cafés there they were all hiding from me.

We drank fabulous Mojitos made by my favorite and most-handsome bartender.

We sat on our balcony and looked at the lovely ocean view.

We explored some cool forts. I know this picture isn't very fort-like, but the cool walls and benches were just beautiful and a welcome spot to rest in the shade.

We were serenaded by a mariachi band. Look at this guy. Isn't he awesome? In this case, the picture says a thousand words. Classic.

Mostly we just relaxed and enjoyed each other's company and escaped into books when we didn't. Yes, that is my mom's thumb in the corner of our beach picture. Also classic.

All in all, I highly recommend a beach vacation finding it's way onto your calendar soon. I'm already looking forward to our next trip to the sea.

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful! I was just thinking about how much I like it when you show up in my Google Reader. And (you're going to like this because it's so silly) this morning, I just added "call Erin" to my actual, written to-do list. I love to-do lists, but not as much as I love you. :-) Also, your trip looked perfect. I actually feel like I'm smelling salt water.

    ReplyDelete