Pages

December 15, 2010

Easy Coconut Macaroons

If you've been around the blog for a while you may have guessed that I have a soft spot in my heart for sweet treats - especially around Christmastime. This year is no exception. I've been baking up a storm. I ran my dishwasher twice today alone.

This Coconut Macaroon recipe came from my friend Angie last year. She brought them to a party and they were gone within minutes. Since then, they've become a staple in my kitchen. This is an easy recipe to have on hand. The ingredients can live in your pantry for ages and be ready for any last minute occasion and, at the same time, are festive enough to belong to your Christmas treat oeuvre.

Coconut Macaroons


1 bag shredded coconut (don't buy the cheap stuff, it's worth the extra 30 cents to get the real deal)
1 can sweetened condensed milk (I bought mine at Aldi's)













And...um...that's all.

Mix sweetened condensed milk and coconut together in a large bowl. (Sometimes I try to use a spoon, but I always end up mixing with my hands. Tip: Start the water in your sink ahead of time so you can wash your hands without touching anything, your hands will be very sticky.)

Roll the mixture into small bowls and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.

Bake about 10 minutes at 300 degrees or until the tops start to brown.
Then, eat. YUM!


No comments:

Post a Comment