Pages

September 3, 2010

Good-bye Summer


Today I'm working from my balcony and it's one of those perfect days in between summer and autumn. The sun is bright and warm on my face and tonight I'll need a jacket. 

I know that autumn isn't typically the time of new beginnings like January or springtime, but it's still my favorite time of year. I always feel like there is a fresh start to be had. Maybe it goes back to all those first days of school and clean new notebooks. (Let's take a moment to think about the joys of school supplies....)

Still, I can't believe it's time to say good-bye to summer already. Good-bye sweltering hot St. Louis days and never quite cool enough evenings. I'm not sad to see you go. I will, however, miss the barbecue, the fireworks and yoga in the park. This has been one of the better summers on record. I think I'll keep it with me for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment