Pages

September 9, 2010

Songs for the moment.

Music has always been something that I've enjoyed, but never been something that I've taken a lot of time to pursue. I'm the girl who will listen to almost anything. I enjoy twangy country and I've been to a Poison concert. I often sing along to Billy Joel at the top of my lungs while cleaning and enjoy Mozart on my balcony. I'm a girl of varied musical taste. Most of the time, though, I can't tell you who is singing what or when such-and-such a band broke up.

Recently, I've taken greater interest in what I'm listening to. I'm surrounded by self-proclaimed music aficionados who are never shy to recommend something new and quiz me on it later. Here are a few of the new songs hitting my play list on a regular basis.

The first is Alexi Murdoch. I stumbled upon his music in one of my new favorite movies, "Away We Go." His songs have made up the majority of my personal soundtrack these days. He rambley and hopeful. It would be the perfect soundtrack to listen to on a train trip across the countryside.

The second is really one particular song, rather than the entire band. It's called "The Wanting Comes in Waves" by The Decemberists. The female vocals are amazing!

The third is a band called "Mumford & Sons." Apparently, they are all the rage these days. All I know is that I like the way they sound in the background of my office while I'm working. I have fallen in love with one of their songs in particular. It's called "Sigh No More." It's beautiful. It points me to Jesus and how love was meant to be.

Love it will not betray you


Dismay or enslave you, it will set you free
Be more like the man you were made to be
There is a design, an alignment, a cry
Of my heart to see,
The beauty of love as it was made to be 



No comments:

Post a Comment