Pages

November 21, 2010

Holiday Pecans

Consider my holiday baking procrastination ended.

The Recipe:

This is my mom's recipe. She makes them best, but mine turned out pretty darn good, if I do say so myself. Making the pecans is easy, it just takes some time. I tripled the recipe below so I'd have enjough to enjoy and share.

1 egg (separated)
4+ cups pecan halves (the sugar mixture is enough to coat more than the 4 cups of pecans the recipe calls for)
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt


Preheat your oven to 300 degrees.

Beat the egg white until foamy. Gently stir in the pecan halves until lightly coated. Set aside.


Combine cinnamon, sugar and salt. Sprinkle over pecans and toss gently until coated.


Spread coated pecans on a lightly greased 15x10x1 in. Jelly Roll pan.

Bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.

Cool completely and store in an air tight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment