Pages

November 22, 2010

Tasty Treat turned Perfect Gift

Thanksgiving is Thursday, this Thursday. I'm not sure how that happened. It really snuck up on me this year and, this year, is a big one. There will be the traditional afternoon eat-your-heart-out-two-turkey-lots-of-sides dinner at my mom's house and then it's time to hit the road again and head to Tulsa, Oklahoma.

I'll be spending the majority of the holiday weekend with various members of a certain handsome guy's family. I'm really looking forward to it. There will be naps, walking around on the farm land and, I'm pretty sure, I've heard something about a trip to Jamba Juice (?). I'm also hoping to sneak in a trip to Topeca Coffee for a cup of Santa Ana roast. But, all this to say, that a girl shouldn't go meet the extended family empty-handed.

What does it take to turn a tasty treat into the perfect gift? The packaging makes all the difference. You could just stick some Holiday Pecans in some regular old tupperware or you could put on your crafting hat and snazz up a few mason jars.



What you need:

Mason Jars (I happened to have a few mason jars in the basement, but you can also pick them up at almost any discount or grocery store. They'll run you about $15 for a dozen, depending on the size and type you choose.)
White Shipping Labels or Craft Paper and Tape (You'll use these to make your own labels)
Ribbon or Fabric


I designed my stickers on the computer and printed them directly on the shipping labels. It takes a steady hand to cut them out, but creates a nice sharp look. You could also get extra-crafty with some markers (a great job for little ones if you're making this a family project).


Wrap some pretty ribbon around the body of the jar and fasten with your sticker label.



Next, divvy up your treat of choice (I'm using Holiday Pecans) evenly between your mason jars and be sure that the lid is sealed tight. Ta-da!



I kept everything pretty simple due to time and travel, but you can go all out with your jar decoration. They make great containers for any bite sized gift. Go. Bake. Decorate. Give.

1 comment:

  1. My favorite part of this blog post is that one of the tags is "brilliant ideas". Indeed this is a brilliant idea and you my dear cousin are quite the crafty one! So impressed

    ReplyDelete