Pages

November 12, 2010

Movies that make me swoon.

"Don't you just love New York in the fall. It makes me want to buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address." - Joe Fox; You've Got Mail

Even though I'm in St. Louis, autumn does make me want to buy school supplies (!) and watch You've Got Mail.  Although, now it's more like Christmas shopping (because I want to stay ahead of the chaos) and watching only my favorite scenes (because I'll fall asleep on the couch if I try to stay up past 9).

Elinor: "I do not attempt to deny that I think very highly of him, that I greatly esteem him, . . . that I like him."
Marianne: "Esteem him? Like him? Use those insipid words again and I shall leave the room this instant."  - Sense and Sensibility 
I had to watch this one in three parts (see above comments about the reality of adulthood), but, oh, how I do love it. I hope to be strong and faithful in my love like Elinor and, at the same time, passionate and unashamed like Marianne. And, like both of them, I wish to throw myself in with my whole heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment