Pages

November 23, 2011

Pumpkin Quick Bread


While I have recently been enamored with sourdough bread, there is still a very warm place in my heart for quick breads. Banana. Pumpkin. You name it. I love it. Mostly I love bread. Any kind. A while back I went to dinner at my friend Lauren's house and she served the most wonderful Pumpkin bread for dessert and ever since I've been thinking about making some not-from-a-box mix pumpkin bread. Then, last week, I stumbled across this recipe and decided it was time to put thought into action.

Pumpkin Quick Bread
slightly adapted from NoBiggie

3 c sugar
1 c applesauce
4 eggs
15 oz can pumpkin
2/3 c water
3 1/2 c unbleached all-purpose flour
2 t baking soda
2 t salt
1 t baking powder
1 t nutmeg
1 t allspice
1 t cinnamon
1 small dash ginger

Preheat oven to 350* and cream together sugar and applesauce. Add in eggs, pumpkin, and water.

Mix dry ingredients, including spices, together in a smaller bowl and then slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet until incorporated.

Pour batter into 2 loaf pans that have been sprayed with olive oil. Bake for about 1 hour or until the top of the loaf has set and a toothpick comes out mostly clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment